Monday 28 November 2011

EMA - Sala Apolo 2 - 27 Nov 2011

Let's start at the end. After almost two dozen bands over the last ten days I really wasn't in the mood to be dragged out on a cold Sunday afternoon by my spouse. As usual, my instincts were wrong, and my wife was right.  And even more correct to insist that we stay to the end of the festival and see yet another astonishing performance.










 Erika M. Anderson and her band were a revelation and an incredible way to finish off PC11. Starting the set with a name-sake Laurie-like breathy monologue about a dog falling through ice (and sexual abuse?)  she went on to rock an audience too exhausted to do much more than applaud.      



One of the many high points was an amazing version of The Violent Femme's Add It Up. As she yelled "Why can't I get just one fuck?" it crossed my mind that maybe she scares 'em off.
And I mean that as a compliment.  










No comments:

Post a Comment